Are you a tech enthusiast with a desire to build more efficient, patient-centric healthcare? Come work with us!
At Medixine, we want to enable a smooth and flexible healthcare experience for patients and professionals. With our remote care platform, we help healthcare professionals focus on what’s most important: the patient. Technology is at the core of our work, enabling remote care solutions currently in 8 different countries.
About the product
The Medixine device hub, an essential part of the overall remote patient monitoring offering, is used by patients, admins, and device managers. Patients take measurements with devices like blood pressure cuffs or blood oxygen devices. The data from those devices is sent to the Medixine device hub, which transmits the data to the Medixine Suite backend. Device hub is an Android application that connects to different devices via Bluetooth. The Devices team is responsible for all software development in this end-to-end process.
What is this role like?
As a Lead Android Developer, you will lead a team of two engineers and participate in day-to-day development tasks and drive market-leading solutions. You will be responsible for your area and collaborate with the team to determine the technologies utilized for development.
You will be influential in selecting and implementing our technologies and approaches as we enhance the Medixine device hub. As we advance, you will integrate more healthcare devices into the device portfolio, enhance the Android application, and work on projects that reshape how patients care for their health.
This position is well suited for someone with experience working with other technical people to problem solve, who can help visualize a path towards greater stability and technical excellence while working closely with product leads and clients to deliver value continuously.
Our working language is English.
What would make you a great fit?
- We are on the lookout for someone who has an inspiring journey in the world of Android applications, with several years of hands-on coding experience under their belt. If you have dabbled in Kotlin and have a knack for automated and unit tests in Android, you’ll feel right at home here.
- Medixines Devices Team believes in the power of teamwork and agile methodologies. So, if you have successfully navigated technical projects by breaking them into bite-sized deliverables and oversaw multiple iterations, you’ll be a valuable addition to the team.
- Most importantly, we are searching for a tech enthusiast with a drive to challenge the status quo and relentlessly explore the best development options. If you take pride in problem-solving and truly own your code from ideation to customer delivery, you’re exactly the kind of talent we are looking for.
Here are the buzzwords
- Languages & DSL: Kotlin, SQL, JSON, OpenApi
- Platforms & Tools: Android 10+, Azure Devops, Postman, Sentry
- Libraries: Jetpack Compose, Hilt/Dagger, SQLite, Gradle, Dynamic Feature modules, Android Bluetooth Stack (Classic, BLE), Junit4, Junit5, Espresso, MockK
- Processes: Agile, Kanban, Devops, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development
- Architectures: Android Recommended Architecture, Domain Driven Design, CQRS
Benefits you will get as a Medixinian:
- Comprehensive occupational healthcare
- Lunch benefit
- Benefit of public transportation
- A bike benefit
- The free gym at the office building
- Optional nanny service for a sick child
Our office is located in Keilaniemi, Espoo. You can work flexibly both from the office and remotely. See our website for references and use cases of our platform. On top of the ones listed there, we are working with some secret customers.
Apply for the position via this link by 30.4 at the latest and tell us more about yourself. Don’t ponder too long – applications and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found. For additional information, contact our Recruitment Partner Anton Virtanen, Ilmiö Talent Agency, firstname.lastname@example.org